How to use the “Favorites” section of the Tik Tok app
Even experienced users do not fully know what the TikTok social network contains. In the article, we will consider what the Favorites tab in TikTok is for, where to find it, how to use it.
The presence of this section allows you to save time spent on searching for materials of interest. The user can quickly enter the category with music files, videos, arranged in a convenient sequence.
What is it for
The “Favorites” tab implies the presence of a confidential place where information is added. Liked posts after a year are erased due to the gradual loading of fresh video clips, and clips, tracks are stored indefinitely, which allows you to return to them after a few years.
To find the tab with saved records, you need to follow the steps:
- Launch the application on the smartphone and move to the “Me” block.
- Find an icon that resembles a shortcut, click on it.
It will automatically go to the subsection with the saved files. The user can view information or delete outdated information.
“Favorites” in the Tik Tok app
Several blocks have been created in Tik Tok bookmarks.
|Category name||What’s Included|
|Clips||Someone else’s or own videos|
|Hashtags||Links to interesting materials|
|Music||Tracks of any origin|
|Effects||Add-ons for decoration, video changes|
The presence of subsections contributes to the systematization of materials, allows you to speed up the search for the desired video.
Can I watch from a PC
On a personal computer, viewing of records through a browser is limited. To use the capabilities of a social network, you need to download a special application (emulator). The program duplicates the mobile utility, the debugging and saving processes are identical in both versions.
On a PC, the process of viewing materials from “Favorites” is carried out according to the scheme:
- After downloading TikTok from the official website, the program is installed on the computer.
- After entering the application, they are authorized on the page.
- The system allows the use of functions: to watch the video, you need to click on the icon located in the “Favorites” block.
The utility is limited: it is impossible to add content to the “Saved” subsection via a PC, the user does not have access to the block. You cannot view previously saved clips.
Do other users see
The account owner is not required to take additional steps to help hide the information stored in this section. Unauthorized persons do not have access to the Favorites folder. They can see videos that are not hidden, publications are available to them. It is allowed to make the channel private (with the entrance closed for strangers).
How to use
Each subsection requires certain actions to be taken to save or delete materials. Only the channel owner has the right to make changes.
People prefer to use the Favorites tab to save clips. To do this, follow the instructions:
- After logging into the application, open the post.
- The options menu is located on the right side. There is an arrow label above the vinyl of the attached track.
- After clicking on the icon, the subsection for managing the publication will open, there you need to click on the sub-item with the checkbox.
With the exact execution of the algorithm, the shortcut will turn black, and the inscription next to it will suggest deleting the composition. If the checkbox is not touched, the video will be saved in the folder.
It’s easy to save music files to Favorites:
- From the post or through the search bar, you need to find a track. The music menu page is opened by clicking on the vinyl record located at the bottom right side.
- Click the checkbox.
Music, hashtags and effects in TikTok favorites
To save hashtags to the “Favorites” section, you must:
- Open the hashtag page through the “Interesting” block.
- Click on the flag label.
To save effects to Favorites, you need to follow these steps:
- After opening the interface for forming publications, you need to touch the shortcut with the plus sign (located in the center of the horizontal menu).
- At the bottom left there is a button with a crossed-out circle, above – a checkbox. Clicking on it saves the effect.
Note. To view the result from the menu, simply tap another checkbox located in the row containing the filter category tabs.
The content of the tab is stored for years and requires regular cleaning of outdated information. To perform this action, you need to find the entry that you intend to delete and click on the arrow pointing to the right. A drop-down menu will appear on the display, in which you need to click on the “delete” button.
How to download
Video materials are downloaded both from the recommendations tape and from the saved files located in the “Favorites” subsection. When using the second option:
- After logging into your account, you need to go to Favorites.
- Find the video you want to download and click on it.
- On the right side there are icons, one of them shows an arrow, after clicking on which functions will appear, among which there will be “save video”.
- After clicking on the button, the material will be downloaded to your mobile phone.
You cannot download hashtags, music tracks and effects from the “Favorites” subsection. The system allows this operation only with video files. For the rest of the materials, storage in the service memory is provided.
The post’s name and social media logo are attached to uploaded or shared clips. The presence of a watermark is a prerequisite specified in the application settings. You do not need to register for the usual download of videos on the service.
You can get rid of the constantly present social network logo and the name of the author of the video using third-party applications. Free downloads can be found in the Play Market and App Store. After entering the query “saving video from Tik-Tok” into the search bar, the available utilities will be displayed.
Help. For Android users download TikMate, for iOS – Video Saver.
Users often have questions about uploaded but not displayed content. The problem is solved by exiting the application and re-entering with authorization, entering a username and password. The second way is to overwrite your favorite video in the Favorites tab.
If there is no access
In a situation where the user cannot enter this subsection, or the previously downloaded information is not displayed, the cause of the problem may be:
- outdated software – you need to update the utility to the latest version;
- restriction on the use of musical works by the copyright holder;
- deleting a clip by the author.
Most of the problems with access and operation of TikTok are related to an outdated application. To update the software, just visit the Google Play Market and check for the latest versions of the utility.
The developers advise to carry out the installation in the first days after the release of the stable software.
If issues related to the performance of the application and access to the channel (categories) are not resolved using standard methods, the account owner should contact the Tik Tok technical support service. Experts will quickly understand the causes of the problems that have arisen and will suggest solutions to the problem.